Jun 26, 2013

Selling the Diva Costume

After having a baby in 2011 and now that I am pregnant with my second child (Due 12/25/2013) -- I have come to accept I will not be able to wear my Diva Costume again. 

I am going to sell it.











It's been hanging in my closet for years and should really be "rocked" by someone at a con.

I am 5 feet 6 inches tall and wore three inch platform shoes under the costume.

I was between size 14 and 16 when I made this - and made it to form fit me in a corset.
A skilled seamstress should be able to alter it.

 The Fabric is Joann Fabric's Casa Collection Glitter Satin in CORNFLOWER.

 On sale for 5.99 a yard online right now...  I bought it for 9.99 a yard and used... a lot.

Ooo!  I see they have a "Stretch Satin" now too that might give the more rubbery skin-tight look that the costume needs!  I wish I had time to sew!

Heck you can buy the costume and use it as a template to make more like it -- or for parts.


I don't even have a sewing machine any more. :(


Thanks!

Jess



8 comments:



Anonymous said...

I'm interested

Unknown said...

I imagine you might have sold it by now. Which sucks. I really wanted to rock it for halloween

Unknown said...

Did you sell this costume.

Unknown said...

I am interested are you still selling

Unknown said...

I am interested are you still selling

Unknown said...

Did you sell it I'm interested in it.

Unknown said...

Hello Jess,
I'm sure your babies are big now and I hope your enjoying motherhood. I had a son in 2011. They are great fun.
I am putting my ducks in a row as I've a possible pending event coming up if I win the next few rounds. It is huge. Your costume would be so perfect, if you still have it of course. I am a similar size but would need a few alterations. Sorry I cannot say any more on this event but if you still have it, I will let you know my position every stage. Can you please let me know if your stunning creation is sold.

Thank you in advance,
Vanessa

Unknown said...

Is this still available?