Oct 10, 2008

How to Make this Cheetara Costume




I went to http://www.welovecolors.com/ and bought a woman's danceware - gold colored long sleeve unitard (currently $56.00) and removed the right sleeve. I also bought a orange tank leotard (currently $22.00) and put them together.

I then attached a large ThunderCats logo patch ($7) to the front.
I am not sure if this place still has them. BE SURE THAT IT IS AT LEAST 3" in diameter!


I carefully drew on the spots on a blonde wig with black permanent marker so the spots would not flake or run off. (About $20)

The paw's are $5 gloves with a $5 set of acrylic nails attached with super glue.

The white bangles were $2 each at "Clarie's".

Go to your local home improvement store and get a wooden "staff." (About $10)

I used waterproof liquid eye liner to put smudge/rain proof spots on my body. ($5)

I used the "lipstick" looking Maybelline Cover Stick Corrector Concealer in White for my face, and a tube of orange face paint painted on with a brush. ($4)

I made my original gauntlet out of orange Dixie cups and construction paper (middle image) But then made a new, and nicer gauntlet, out of craft felt.

I took one large sturdy piece of orange craft felt and cut it into shape. I then used ironed "no-sew adhesive to attach the Velcro closure and the red & yellow pieces. I then secured everything in place with a needle and thread.

To finish the costume off, you need a pair of orange knee high boots!!


5 Inch Heels for an SUPER Sexy Cheetara!!





3 inch heels for a sexy, yet practical Cheetara!




Or if you want a style that is "TRUE TO THE CARTOON" check out the following!

This pair is the PERFECT Cheetara Sytle, but you will need to have the lower part dyed Orange. Luckily Suede is VERY EASY to dye! If you are not comfortable dying them orange yourself, there are lots of shoe places that are willing to do the dirty work for you! :)




Again here is another cute "True Cheetara" boot, but again it is not offered in ORANGE. You would need to dye them.



Lastly I share the pair I wore with my cosumte!!! They are Orange Suede moccasins from Minnetonka!



While they still make this STYLE, it is no longer offered in ORANGE. Again you would have to buy the light tan leather boots and dye them orange to achive the look:




I hope this helps!!!

Jess

15 comments:



Phillynokill said...

Thank you so so much for posting on how to make this costume. The one you auctioned on ebay wouldn't have fit me so I really appreciate your post!

I can't want to rock my Cheetara costume!

Thanks again!

Helen Moshae said...

Thanks for posting this, I have pretty much followed the instructions step by step!

Must say I'm feeling a little bit shy about wearing it now...takes a lot of confidence to wear a unitard but after a few shots I should be fine!!!

Unknown said...

THANK YOU soooooooooooooo much for posting this!! such a huge help! man those moccasins are hard to find. : )

Unknown said...

i am curious - i just received the leotards in the mail and I went to remove the right sleeve from the gold one. it looks as if I seam rip it that the rest of the sleeve will fray. It this the case. this is for a birthday present so I don't want to ruin it.

thanks

J. Robb said...

I'm curious as to the type of wig you used. I've been trying to scout out a wig without bangs, but I can't really pick a "theme" that would suit the halloween-centered search engines. Typing in "blonde wig" gives me a bunch of choices. Did yours have a specific type?

Btw, your costume is absolutely fabulous.

Unknown said...

I use the site CosWorx for my wigs and have always been satisfied.

http://www.cosworx.com/home.php

Party Plannin Momma said...

YAY! I found the boots!

vievers said...

i ordered the long sleeve orange leotard and its so see-through! is that why you have the body suit? or did it just work out like that? i got 2 pair of mustard colored tights separately and i was going to sew them onto the sleeves instead of getting the bodysuit. but now i dont know what to do 'cause the material is sooooo thin you can see... EVERYTHING. even my belly button.
i should have listened to you and forked out the extra $30. i ended up spending that much anyway on tights... cause i went to american apparel. ($14!)

CaterinaVite said...

I really love your costume first of all, I thought for hours what I should be this year for Halloween and finally decided on Cheetara. And your costume is intense.

But anyways I've fallen in love with those boots, I'd wear them any day not just the 31st, but I can't find them anywhere. I'm so bummed, if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Ti said...

Just wore a slightly modified version of this outfit for Halloween, it went down a storm! Thanks for posting instructions, the staff at welovecolours are amazingly helpful, especially on short notice.

Jenna Loserface said...

So this is really, really late, but whatevs.

I completely plan on being Cheetara for Halloween and I must thank you for being awesome and providing links to where you found stuff. I don't know if you still check this blog out much, but just in case, I had to thank you.

So thank you!!! :DDD

Mutuelle sante said...

Thank you it was a good support, now to make this cheetara costume is definitely simple by using your information. Thank you

Rachat de credit said...

Your current website is great and truly helped me out considerably to make this cheetara costume. Thanks

Jeneisis said...

I am trying to put together this costume for a 80s themed birthday party...i am considering buying a cheetah print body suit as opposed to a gold one and a gold bodysuit/ swimsuit. what do u think ?

Jeneisis said...

does anyone know of a site where i can find a gold suit reasonably priced..i am only putting the outfit together for a bday party Z(not even mine's) and dont want to drop 60$ on a suit.